Scotland’s climate change legislation sets a target date for net-zero emissions of all greenhouse gases by 2045. To play our part in achieving this, we champion green planning for the projects we produce and manage, and the audience or participants journey to experience our work, ensuring a minimal carbon footprint across all activity.
We are equally committed to telling the story of climate change and undertaking projects that address environmental issues and empower others to as well. Partnerships are important to us and we work with individuals and organisations who are clear in their vision of a just transition to a net zero emissions world operating under a green economy.
We also undertake our own business continuity planning for the impacts of climate change on our organisation and wider sectors we work with.
Here a few things we already do:
- We monitor and evaluate all staff journeys and encourage the use of public transport where possible. We encourage all those we work with to do the same.
- Where possible we work with suppliers that have a robust environmental policy in place.
- Any new equipment the company purchases is as energy efficient as possible.
- We invest in digital and online methods of communication. If we do produce print we use local printers and sustainable paper. Printed materials include an encouragement to recycle.
- Where possible all old equipment and sets are repaired, reused, stored or recycled.
- Encourage shared resources and knowledge across all areas.
- Support attitudinal change.
- We encourage all creative team members to source materials they use locally.
- Do less, do it better and take time.
- Consider well being a bench mark of success not growth.
- Look at budgets differently and consider social and environmental costs, not just financial ones.
- Make sustainable choices the norm.
- We bank with Triodos – the ethical bank.
- We are part of the Green Arts Initiative – an interactive community of Scottish arts organisations working to reduce their environmental impact.
Download a copy of our Ethical Procurement Checklist.