The Open Road Manifesto
“Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community.”
Article 27, The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
At Open Road we:
- Believe everyone has the right to have their voice heard and their story listened to.
- Believe in the power of telling the stories of our lives, our times, our histories and our hopes for the future.
- Believe in the potential of creative work to change lives.
- Believe in pushing boundaries and working across sectors and disciplines.
- Believe there is more that unites than divides.
- Believe in working in partnership with people and organisations who travel in the same direction as us.
- Believe in internal journeys of discovery as well as external ones.
- Believe in letting the past, present and possible futures guide us.
- Believe the journey never ends.